Research project MS/B/11 (Research action MS)
The project is designed to :
- develop economic and ecological criteria which can be applied to determine the costs of various kinds of marine pollution;
- develop mathematical equations which can be applied in economic submodels for the cost determination of environmental impacts.
Four cases of marine pollution are considered :
- discharge of dangerous chemical substances (black list);
- oil dumping;
- increasing concentration of faecal/pathogenic bacteria as a result of the direct discharges of waste water into coastal waters;
- eutrophication with resultant algal growth.