The Interuniversity Attraction Poles (PAI) Programme
The Interuniversity Attraction Poles (IAP) programme aims at providing in Belgium a temporary impulse at the formation of excellent interuniversity networks in basic research.
The principal objectives of the IAP-programme’s are to:
- provide excellent research teams with additional human and material resources in order to get a sufficient critical mass;
- encourage collaborations between teams from different institutions belonging to the different Belgium’s linguistic Communities;
- promote complementarity and interdisciplinarity between these teams;
- enable young teams to benefit from the environment of excellence provided by a network and its international influence;
- facilitate the insertion of Belgian research teams in European and international networks.