Research programme for earth observation "STEREO III"
(Support to the exploitation and Research in Earth Observation)
To execute the decision of the Council of Ministers on 15 November 2012 concerning the implementation of the Belgian space strategy, the State Secretary for Science Policy approved the STEREO III programme on 19 September 2013.
The thematic research priorities are:
- Global monitoring of vegetation and evolution of terrestrial ecosystems
- Management of the environment on a local and regional scale (water, soil, forest, nature reserves and biodiversity, agriculture, coastal areas, urban and peri-urban areas)
- Interaction between (change in) land cover and climate change
- Epidemiology and humanitarian aid
- Security and risk management
This call concerns thematic network projects.